Re: New GNOME Website - Translation

Op Ma, 2009-06-08 om 12:03 +0000 skryf Jens W. Klein:
> At the end thats what it is all about. But to get there integration
> work
> need to be done.
>
> In short:
>
> 1) Plone has a great system dealing with translations. It does work
> with
> PO/POT (gettext) on one level (developer-level), on the other level
> (author/editor-level) it does not.

I couldn't follow all the details, but just a quick comment:

Long ago when I looked at Plone PO files, they were non-standard with
the English in the comments, instead of in the msgid field. We need to
make sure that the files are formatted to the way we and our tools are
used to, with the English in the msgid field. But if we use xml2po, I
guess that is what we will have.

Keep well
Friedel

--