Re: Using Git and separating translations into their own l10n-LL repository

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 4:20 AM, Simos Xenitellis
<simos lists googlemail com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Matej Urban <matej urban gmail com> wrote:
>> Well, I'm sure the devels are able to make the system work in anyway
>> they choose, that's why I yell so loudly to get all the po files of
>> one language into one single directory. Now that would cut down the
>> maintenance.
>
> Earlier in this thread I mention a possible way to have all
> translations for each language in its own repository (thus, single
> folder). There where some advantages and disadvantages with this
> process. I am not sure if you managed to try it using the test
> repositories from github.com.
> I believe there is a potential to adapt the proposal so that the
> disadvantages are eliminated.
> If you want to have a look at it, it would be great. I'ld be happy to
> discuss about it.

Given the number of times that translators have broken the build of
our module, Gnome Games, because they don't run make check before they
commit. I'm 100% opposed to any configuration in which translators are
freed from the responsibility of making sure that they didn't break
something.

Both of these proposals are good ideas but will cause many headaches
unless the make check is automated somehow.