Re: What can Git do for translators?

Le jeudi 08 janvier 2009 à 01:16 -0500, Thomas Thurman a écrit :
> 2009/1/7 Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan <sharuzzaman gmail com>:
> > What I care is my language po file. Maybe around 15KB.
> >
> > Why should I download the whole bunch of data while the one that I need is
> > just a small fraction of it.
>
> Indeed, why should you?  You can get it from Damned Lies, can't you?

The problem is when you want to commit (push) the result upstream. With
svn you can just checkout the po directory. I fear this is not possible
with git (or other DVCS).

But until git is officially in production, we should have the time to
develop the missing piece which is to commit directly from the uploaded
po file on the 'vertimus' section of l10n.gnome.org.

Claude