Re: wrong translations of string "Rule" in gtkhtml

Am Mittwoch, den 10.09.2008, 09:08 -0300 schrieb Leonardo F. Fontenelle:
> Even worse: it seems that providing a patch makes a lot of difference in
> having the bug fixed. Those issues should be trivial to fix for
> developers and yet very important for translators, but sometimes were
> are left without a reply for months (or years). Providing a patch means
> that a translator must learn SVN, check out the source code, and
> actually read and try to understand it. Does anyone here think it is
> reasonable to expect this from a translator?

I don't think anybody expects that and I don't think that it's
translators' work to improve the strings. It's developers' work, and to
increase awareness of L10N issues, it's currently the workflow in gnome
to file bugs on that.
If reports got ignored too often, we must escalate more often. (But
normal bugs get ignored quite often too, I don't think that developers
see especially translations as less important.)

Creating a patch is mostly trivial, so I wonder whether adding the
gnome-love keyword would help us in getting more such patches from "code
beginners" that are willing to help improving gnome but search for a
place to start.

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed