Re: Cultural Issue with the Foot Logo

Hi!

"Theppitak Karoonboonyanan" <thep linux thai net>, Fri, 31 Oct 2008
16:44:33 +0700:

> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
> > Am Freitag, den 31.10.2008, 09:56 +0700 schrieb Theppitak
> > Karoonboonyanan:
> >> How about this one?
> >>   http://linux.thai.net/~thep/shots/gnome-logo/gnome-ok.svg
> >> (Sorry, this one is the real ugly.)
> >>
> >> Hopefully it's not an offensive sign in some culture. ;-)
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_gesture#Okay
> > It can be quite offensive in Brazil (Mexico and Paraguay were also
> > mentioned in one article I've found, don't know).
>
> So, let's put this idea aside for now. However, the foot logo is still
> available for them, just in case.
>
> BTW, how is my proposal to add a secondary logo agreed?
> Can I start a GNOME live page for this?

What about not using the foot logo, or introducing a new logo, if desirable,
in Thai (and Lao, and perhaps some others) locale only? Would the logo
change be sufficient solely as a part of your l10n processes?

Best,
Petr Kovar