Re: A coordinator with very long response time

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 9:55 PM, Mohammad Foroughi <mf 417 ir> wrote:
>> Mr. Poornader, If there is a member that can review and commit .po files
>> for me, please let me know him, if not please tel me when you can review my files.

First of all I would appreciate proper spellings of my family name. I
care about that. Considering that you are using "ou" in your own
family name, you probably know that many Iranians with the sound [pur]
in their names use "ou" to spell that, to avoid to be unluckily
associated with the English word "poor". You've seen me spell my name
with an "ou" everywhere. Actually, if you search Google for
"Poornader", it's your accusative emails that come up first.

Then, if you want a review, please wait a little more. Unfortunately,
I can't give you a timeline for finding a reviewer or doing it myself,
except: as soon as I can do it properly, not in a rush that would
sacrifice quality. Also, please understand that in GNOME, we are
volunteers: we don't necessarily know when we will find the time. As
translators, we usually get most active near the major releases, to
have a chance to get the translations into various GNU/Linux
distributions.

Finally, please consider Simos's point: you are spreading negative
feelings all around. I did not enjoy your comments, Behdad did not
enjoy your comments, and Simos didn't either. Your feelings even got
me into misreading Behdad's email. You start the threads with
accusations, and at the end you sometimes say you understand or you
make demands. In the emails, I'm considered guilty of various
conspiracies by default, and if I don't agree, I'm required to prove
otherwise. This is not very productive. The free software community
doesn't work by pushing people.

If you can't wait for reviews, you are free to branch. You can create
your own Persian translations of GNOME, and share them with anybody
you like to. You can even create your own Persian distribution, like
FarsiWeb did with Sharif Linux. (It's a very educational experience.)
You are also free to use the existing Persian translations. All you
need to do is respecting the licenses.

Sincerely,
Roozbeh Pournader