Re: A coordinator with very long response time

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 9:30 PM, Mohammad Foroughi <mf 417 ir> wrote:

> Mr. Poornader is very busy, why he didn't manage bugs?

I'm not very busy, but as I told before, I've not had access to a
computer I can trust with GNOME SVN keys for a while. That's going to
change shortly, of course, and I've said that before too.

Since next major release of GNOME is in September, we still have a lot of time.

>>Before I forget, I would like to ask everyone NOT TO apply new Persian
>>translations or patches to the SVN without a review by another more
>>experienced translator, please! GNOME doesn't do that for code, and it
>>shouldn't do it for translations either.

I wish to confirm that. Unreviewed translations are as bad as
unreviewed code. And low quality translations are worse than
incomplete translations or no translation at all.

> So PLEASE tell me how can I contribute to gnome translation?

In many different ways, but all of them require patience, commitment,
and the will to work with others.

> Hi didn't submit my translations (http://417.ir/po) and asked others not to submit!!!!

Definitely. I wish to ask that again from others: If a translation
team exists, please do not submit translations from new volunteers.
They should go through the older teams.

Roozbeh Pournader