Re: problem with translating totem

O/H Mohammad Foroughi έγραψε:
One thing that you do not mention is what distribution you are using to test your translations. From the previous e-mails, you grabbed the PO files for what we call HEAD (or trunk), which can be slightly different from, let's say, the totem version you get in Ubuntu 8.04. For example, in totem in Ubuntu 8.04, the original message could be something like "Skip _me: " but in the latest development version of Totem, it could have changed to "Skip _me:" (notice the space different). Thus, while a fully translated HEAD PO file is excellent for the new version of Ubuntu, for the current version some messages may not show up.

Ok,

 I wanna translate ubuntu 8.04

 Currently I am using HEAD, is this wrong? if yes, what version I must
use?
First of all, you did not quote correctly the email you are replying to. The part "Person XYZ wrote:" is missing from the section you quote. It is important to include that section.

Secondly, in the same original e-mail that you quote from, it describes a common work flow (you forgot to quote that paragraph), and actually gives the answer to the question you are asking here.

It is very important to get these details correct, otherwise you may give the impression to be disrespectful.

Simos