Re: Improving things for translators (part 2)

Op Maandag 2008-03-17 skryf Stéphane Raimbault:
> 2008/3/17, Leonardo Fontenelle <leo fontenelle gmail com>:
> > Em Seg, 2008-03-17 às 01:44 +0100, Robert-André Mauchin escreveu:
> >
> > > In the same vein of improving things for translators, I would like to
> >  > reopen the subject of Transifex, an improvement of Damned Lies made by
> >  > Dimitri Glezos for the Fedora Project.
> >

> > What are we discussing here? A tool for GNOME, for any upstream project,
> >  or for distributions as well? The feature set will depend on this
> >  decision.
> >
> >  I already read many ideas on rewriting and extending different tools:
> >  damned-lies, transifex, vertimus and pootle. IMVHO this should be
> >  decided based on convenience: Which one is closer to the desired feature
> >  set? Which one is more extensible?
> >

> I'm the current maintainer of Vertimus, my month's goal is to begin
> the inclusion of Vertimus into Damned-lies or Transifex (require a
> rewriting in Python).

> Danilo, Friedel and Dimitri, can you explain your mid-term goals?
> Do you accept to extend your tools with Vertimus features?

Hallo Stéphane

Is there a page describing Vertimus and the features it has? I did not
find a lot of documentation on it, although a quick look at the
gnomefr.traduc.org site looked interesting.

We will definitely continue to work on Pootle and the underlying
technology (the Translate Toolkit) in the next few years. We have some
projects that we have planned, and it will be active. We really want to
look at simplifying the management of teams, users and files (which I
think is some of the things that Vertimus helps with, correct?).

We have also been talking to Dimitris from the Transifex project about
collaboration. The Translate Toolkit is a wonderful platform to build
localisation tools on, but our collaboration could involve much more
(although we haven't really discussed much detail yet).

In terms of technology platforms, we currently use jToolkit with kid
templates, although we will want to port that to another platform,
probably keeping the kid templates.

I don't know if this answers your question or if you want more detail.
Feel free to ask :-)

Keep well
Friedel