Re: Improving things for translators (part 2)

2008/3/17, Leonardo Fontenelle <leo fontenelle gmail com>:
> Em Seg, 2008-03-17 às 01:44 +0100, Robert-André Mauchin escreveu:
>
> > In the same vein of improving things for translators, I would like to
>  > reopen the subject of Transifex, an improvement of Damned Lies made by
>  > Dimitri Glezos for the Fedora Project.
>

> What are we discussing here? A tool for GNOME, for any upstream project,
>  or for distributions as well? The feature set will depend on this
>  decision.
>
>  I already read many ideas on rewriting and extending different tools:
>  damned-lies, transifex, vertimus and pootle. IMVHO this should be
>  decided based on convenience: Which one is closer to the desired feature
>  set? Which one is more extensible?

I'm the current maintainer of Vertimus, my month's goal is to begin
the inclusion of Vertimus into Damned-lies or Transifex (require a
rewriting in Python).

So for now, I only read documentations about SQLAlchemy, Mako,
SQLObject, Cheetah, Pylons, TurboGears, the Python world has really
wonderful Web technologies, it's hard to pick only one. However, my
goal is to embrace the technologies used in the target project.

The different projects have some technical differences so it isn't
easy to switch back and forth:

Damned-lies: SQLObject, Cheetah
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/damned-lies/trunk/README?view=markup

Transifex: TurboGears (SQLObject, Kid)
https://fedorahosted.org/transifex/browser/README

Pootle: http://jtoolkit.sourceforge.net/, Kid
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/features

I want to choose the best one to integrate Vertimus and actually I
think the best target is Transifex.

Danilo, Friedel and Dimitri, can you explain your mid-term goals?
Do you accept to extend your tools with Vertimus features?

Regards,
Stéphane