Re: Launchpad licensing issues

Em Qui, 2008-07-03 às 19:52 +0200, Sven Herzberg escreveu:
> AFAIK the BSD-License was chosen exactly to permit this. You can easily
> relicense BSD-licensed code (translations as well) to (L)GPL. They chose
> the BSD-License to be able to deal with upstreaming of translations
> (read: pushing launchpad translations into the upstream projects).

What a minute... If I localize a GPL-ed software, and distribute my
translation with the GPL, an Ubuntu translation team will be unable to
import it into Rosetta. Even worse, today there should be a lot of
upstream translation already in Rosetta. They can't just change the
licensing of previously GPL-ed contributions!

--
Leonardo Fontenelle
http://leonardof.org