Re: Launchpad licensing issues

Am Donnerstag, den 03.07.2008, 18:17 +0000 schrieb Anna Jonna
Armannsdottir:
> On fim, 2008-07-03 at 19:52 +0200, Sven Herzberg wrote:
> I only have translated GPL-ed software, so of course the license
> of my translations is GPL. The GPL license has ample permissions
> to allow anyone to distribute and change my translations, pushing
> it into the upstream projects, or using it in other GPL projects.
>
> I can not yet see any valid reason for having my efforts for Free
> Software invalidated, so I respectfully disagree with this.

But Rosetta doesn't contain only GPLed translations. So launchpad would
either have to manage a license per project/translation or just cover
all they maintain under BSD.

Feel free to import into gnome-svn and set up a pootle server for your
project.

Regards,
Sven