Re: Launchpad licensing issues
- From: Sven Herzberg <herzi gnome-de org>
- To: Anna Jonna Armannsdottir <annaj hi is>
- Cc: gnome-i18n <gnome-i18n gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Launchpad licensing issues
- Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 20:26:14 +0200
Am Donnerstag, den 03.07.2008, 18:17 +0000 schrieb Anna Jonna
> On fim, 2008-07-03 at 19:52 +0200, Sven Herzberg wrote:
> I only have translated GPL-ed software, so of course the license
> of my translations is GPL. The GPL license has ample permissions
> to allow anyone to distribute and change my translations, pushing
> it into the upstream projects, or using it in other GPL projects.
> I can not yet see any valid reason for having my efforts for Free
> Software invalidated, so I respectfully disagree with this.
But Rosetta doesn't contain only GPLed translations. So launchpad would
either have to manage a license per project/translation or just cover
all they maintain under BSD.
Feel free to import into gnome-svn and set up a pootle server for your
] [Thread Prev