Re: Import from Launchpad

2008/1/25, Wouter Bolsterlee <uws+gnome xs4all nl>:
> 2008-01-25 klockan 17:34 skrev Djihed Afifi:
> > The point is, I don't need to, and I don't want to.
> > I don't have time to run around every distribution and check what they
> > have changed.
>
> Thanks for your elaboration. What you describe is also true for Dutch. I
> wholeheartly agree with all of the concerns you raised. Thanks again.

We don't want it for Malayalam either. Whatever Ubuntu, SUSE or
whichever distro is doing is upto them to decide, the problem here is
importing those without permission from the l10n team.

I don't think we need to do anything about what launchpad does, because

a) It id not Free Software, we can't do anything even if we wanted to.
b) It does not affect us in anyway unless gnome developers import
those without the l10n teams knowing about it.
c) It is upto each distribution to decide the quality of its
distribution and how much to give back to the community/upstream. Some
release all the software they develop as Free Software (like debian)
some does not (like ubuntu with launchpad). Most of the distributions
does not fork translations some does (Ubuntu, SUSE).

So IMHO, what we should decide is a policy for gnome developers to
leave the translations to individual teams.

Regards
Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍