Re: Request to fix strings mentioned in bug 517348

Am Mittwoch, den 20.02.2008, 09:20 +0000 schrieb Thomas Wood:
> > Do you think those are confusing to english speakers? IMHO, they are not
> > nice but still have the correct meaning. Any native speaker, please
> > prove me wrong but I don't think this is worth a freeze break. (Of
> > course - commit after freeze!)
>
> Since the string does not change it's meaning, what's the issue here?

the issue is that dozens of translations must be updated because they
will contain two new fuzzy strings.

> I would have presumed that as long as the string retained it's
> original
> meaning, it wouldn't affect any translations.

ah... wrong. :)
the strings will be set to fuzzy state, because the original string has
changed. fuzzy strings will not be used in the UI. translators will have
to remove the "fuzzy" label for each translation, so it's not as easy as
you expected. :-/

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed