Re: Rethinking "Supported language"

I think that developers is a usergroup that it would be impolity not
to include in the group we mentally consider as "ordinary users"
worthy og our attention :) . Considering that at present there is a
big difference between the user group composition that GNOME and the
GNU/Linux community _would like to have_ (Mr. and Mrs. Olsen that need
email, multimedia and internetbrowsing) and the usergroup composition
that we actually have (geeks that want IRC, youtube and programming).

I think some measure of what we call a supported languge is a good
thing. And my own personal opinion is that it should, just as it does
now, include the UI translations for everything that is in the GNOME
realeases.

I fully understand the ones of you that have problems with limited
resources, we do too in the Danish team. However it is my experience
that we can _maintain_ the UI translations with as little as two
people (three is more comfortable) who work only in their sparetime,
and still has a socilalife. The problem offcourse is actually getting
there, making the >80% so that you only need to do maintenence. But
maybe just a litlle patience will do. Maybe if you announce for
translators one or two more will show up and the you have a whole
other situation.

Regards Kenneth Nielsen