Re: Import from Launchpad

> Ubuntu provides changes to the base GNOME.  They need to be updated as
> well.  At the moment, Launchpad can't separate these two, and it will
> take quite some technical effort (read: design, coding, testing,
> fixing) to achieve that separation.  Until that happens (let's call
> that 'the correct solution'), you can do two things, depending on how
> much you care about *GNOME translations in Ubuntu* (so, if you are not
> an Ubuntu user, it's no bad thing that you don't care too much about
> this):
That would be fine if we didn't get Ubuntu translation bugs into
bugzilla, which we actually get.
That's one of the main problems.

However I'm right now an Ubuntu user and I see some of my translations
overwritten, the sad thing
is that some of them have mistakes in Ubuntu and not in the Upstream
and, again some, don't follow
the whole style guide that the rest of the desktop follows.

--
aloriel gmail com
http://aloriel.no-ip.org