Re: Import from Launchpad

Hi Khaled,

On January 26th, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> That is the main problem for many languages, in case of Arabic the
> Ubuntu coordinator is practically non-existent, actually the whole
> "team" (does the word even apply to them?) is a team of ghosts who
> pop up, do some (mostly wrong) translations and disappear again, all
> attempts to contact them are in vain. Ubuntu allowed this to happen and
> it is their responsibility to fix it.

I see both Djihed and you raised this concern in the case of Arabic.
Can you please discuss that with Launchpad Translation developers
(which I am one of)?

Arabic team is organised as an "open" team, which is a practice we
strongly discourage.  Thus, it has 92 members, and an administrator
which has not contributed a single translation.

Since I care about both GNOME and Ubuntu translations, I'd like to
offer my help in resolving this issue.  It may be as simple as you
recommending a trusted Arabic translator to lead the effort of Ubuntu
translation.   If you think Ubuntu is better off without any
translation work from untrusted translators, you'd be able to set a
system up like that as well.

Solving social problems is really up to social elements: people.

Cheers,
Danilo