Re: Add BillReminder to DL

tis 2008-08-26 klockan 08:17 -0400 skrev Og Maciel:

> Thank you for chimming in about this topic. I also have a great deal
> of respect for all the quality assurance that we, GNOME translators,
> have so hard fought to establish. I can assure you that when I set up
> my app to be translated via Rosetta, I made sure that only official
> team members of the Ubuntu translators team could perfom it. As you
> can see from the Swedish translation (for BillReminder) page:

Believe me, this is a serious problem. I have been the manager for the
Swedish Ubuntu Translators team for a couple of years. Swedish is a
difficult language and many, many people can't write even close to
correct Swedish. The method we used was to limit the translator group to
only 5 people, and fight off all people who applied for membership. That
was drastic but worked. Now we channel all translations through these
few members.

> Since you are the administrator for this team and the project can only
> be translated by an official member of this team, is Zahirovic Mensur
> qualified for this work, is he not a member and maybe we found a bug
> on LP, or is there something else I missed?

This has to be a Launchpad bug. This guy is part of no translator group
and should not be able to do much more that make suggestions.
I have filed a bug, https://bugs.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/261660

Daniel