Re: Migration to subversion

On 02/01/2007, at 10:25 AM, Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:

Use ssh-agent (you're probably running it already, since most distros
include it by default in your XSession) and add your SSH key to it by using ssh-add. Then type your passphrase. Subsequent ssh invocations will not ask
you for a password anymore.

If you want to automate some of the above, see my blog entries at [1] and
[2] for more information.

  mvrgr, Wouter

[1] http://uwstopia.nl/blog/2006/08/password-hell-gdm-ssh-gnome- keyring
[2] http://uwstopia.nl/blog/2006/08/password-hell-part-ii

For OSX users, as GUI frontends to ssh-add, ssh-agent and the usual CLI suspects, these can be handy:

SSHAgent: http://www.phil.uu.nl/~xges/ssh/
SSHKeychain: http://www.sshkeychain.org/
SSH Tunnel Manager: http://projects.tynsoe.org/en/stm/download.php

I run these in the background, and SSH checkouts etc., even those via a tunnel like OpenOffice.org, are a single command.

BTW, Ross, since we all need to checkout new working copies, do you want us to space it out in some way, or is a combined mad rush on the SVN server OK?