Re: Problems with the French team

> Benoit took my place 2 days after my hospitalization. And considering
> all the translations was in the list and that it had already a total
> access to the CVS, there was no disorganization.  Bad excuse!

The list of who is currently translating what has been known only by you
for years, this has only changed recently with the arrival of vertimus.
And there isn't really any explanation of what and how to proof-read,
and Benoit hadn't committed many translations nor taken care of the
translations when he became in charge of the translations.
So it's perfectly normal that it took some time to get things up to
speed. Especially since he probably didn't have much free time to handle
that, and maybe wasn't as dedicated as you to translations...

> I'm not the boss, and you can contradict me.
> It is not what you do? And it even appears that one can contradict me
> since years :)

Yep, and you keep ignoring complaints that come over and over (and not
only from me), and you reject people offering their help, ... Having my
mails being trashed if they are saying (or asking) something you don't
like, without even trying to understand my point and wondering if
there's something wrong or not with your way of thinking isn't really
constructive...

> The web site is not outdated. And I don't see the reason to put wiki,
> blog, Web 2.0, forums, <put here your buzz words>, aliased mails, php,
> python, perl, java, give multiple accounts.
> The Web site give what is needed for translations, not for fun.
>
> You want a wiki, you have one on live.gnome.org.
> And the only thing that is useful, it is to recopy the contents of the
> gnomefr.traduc.org site.
> More curious, is that those which had fun has to create these pages on
> live.gnome.org abstained from specifying that the official site is
> gnomefr.traduc.org.
> Useless to come to complain now that the translators are confused!!

I don't have too must time to spend on whether the website is outdated
or not, but http://gnomefr.traduc.org/contribuer.html says that
translators should send you an email before starting to contribute,
while http://live.gnome.org/GnomeFr/Traduire properly gives a link to
vertimus... (though the address might not be the right one, not sure if
Vincent set up a redirection or not...). And this specific difference
was mentioned 2 months ago in an email...
http://benji1.traduc.org/pipermail/gnomefr/2006-May/001151.html
I didn't care enough to check if the rest of the site was up to date or
not. The point is, what happens if you get ill again, and someone has an
update to the website to do? Some people were interested in improving
the website content (for example, giving more details about the point to
pay attention to when translating/proof-reading/...), what's wrong with
making their task easier ? (especially since you don't necessarily have
enough time to make the changes as what happened for the changes
Jonathan asked you to make in the mail linked previously)

For the list readers, this is the kind of discussions that have been
eating far too much time in the last months on gnomefr translation
lists, RedFox pretending that things are perfect, that he is doing a
nearly perfect job at handling translations, and after some more wasted
time looking for examples proving that things aren't that good and could
be improved, this generally ends up with RedFox getting pissed off, or
stopping to answer to mails, and the situation remains as rotten as
before, except that during that time, potential contributors get
discouraged because their work was ignored, or simply because they are
reading the list, and our behaviour is really childish/boring for a
newcomer.

Christophe