Re: Problems with the French team

Danilo Šegan a écrit :
Hi guys,

Today at 1:49, Christian Rose wrote:

So, what should we do?

A) First of all, I'd like anyone who knows about the situation in this
case to respond to this thread and testify (on the list, please). Is
this summary true? Or are the complaints inaccurate?

I can confirm that I've heard from a couple of French translators (at
least four different people), and all complained about a situation,
and asked for help in resolving it.  It would, of course, be best if
they responded directly to this thread.

Also, Bonsai CVS queries indicate that RedFox has indeed contributed a
lot in the past, yet Benoit has been doing most of the work recently.

It's normal. There is only *one* commiter at a time.
When I fell sick at the beginning of the year, Benoît replaced me until I would be cured.

The translators who complain, estimates that it is more important to commit their translation in precipitation than to have a second reading of quality. Today, the process of second reading is public and everyone can take part in it and to note the importance of the corrections in it to carry out before commiter.
http://gnomefr.traduc.org/suivi/

B) I'd like the current coordinator to respond to those comments (on
the list, please). I'm especially interested in hearing about why the
coordinatorship has not voluntarily been handed over to someone else
if personal lack of time has been a problem.

Indeed.  As you once put it, knowing when you're unable to keep up
with things is one of the most important and commonly the toughest
duty of a translation team coordinator.

There is no problem.
Benoit is not any more the principal commiter.

	Librement,
--
Christophe Merlet (RedFox)