Re: Comparing methods

On 22/04/2006, at 1:17 AM, Danilo Åegan wrote:

On April 15th, Christian Rose wrote:

However, concerning new features, the translation status pages have
basically been unmaintained for several years now.

"There are lies, damned lies and statistics."

That is changing.  Look forward to reading more about Damned Lies
("damned-lies" in CVS, preview on http://l10n-status.pemas.net/) in
the following days.

Anyone, feel free to start a page on live.gnome.org to request things
you find useful and discuss them.

This looks good! :)

Danilo, the one thing I've seen on the KDE status pages [1] that would really help me at Gnome is the embedded nature of the webpages. I don't have to leave the status pages to find links to other i18n information like the Howto, team list, language list etc.

The side-bar, search bar, integral program crumb trial and drop-down language-list are real time-savers, and keep the whole thing in front of you, which actually saves brain cycles.

Can we do something like that?

(I'll put a wiki page up tomorrow, if someone else doesn't do it first.)

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)

[1] e.g. http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk/vi/ (and no rude comments about our stats, we started from zero only recently ;) )