Re: On e-mail spams

Simos Xenitellis <simos74 gmx net> writes:

> Spammers generally collect e-mails addresses from Websites or Web
> directories of users.

I had a friend who believed the same. He put a fake email address on
his homepage that would be blocked immediately if written to. He never
trapped any mail with that fake address.

Personally I'm pretty sure that I have received much more spam from
postings on Usenet and from virus-infected zombie machines belonging
to people I don't even know. My personal spam hell started with the
first really big email worms which I reckon exposed my address.

PS: The new pages look really nice.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.aau.dk/~olau/