Re: Kbabel & 2 .po file sources

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 08:04:11AM +0200, Vladimer Sichinava wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I'm interested if Kbabel has a feature to open 2 same module's files with
> different
> languages? The main reason is to have 2 well known languages sources to make
> a better translation.
>
> Can you tell me if it is possible ? :)

Yes, it is possible. From the menubar, choose Settings -> Configure
Dictionary -> PO Auxillary.

You can also configure somewhere if you want to search for each msgid
automatically or manually. Unfortunately you can only use one
auxillary PO file at the time. (Personally I'd like to use three or four.)

The path magic already in the PO Auxillary dialog is designed for the
KDE file hierarchy, which keeps PO files separate from application
source, in a separate directory for each language. Replacing it with
e.g. "ru.po" should probably work if you checkout the source from CVS,
or you can also make it work by downloading PO files from different
languages on the status pages into different directorie. (KBabel also
has a source view feature which I haven't managed to get to work with
GNOME sources.)

--
Åsmund Skjæveland {
   aasmunds fys uio no