xml2po (gnome-doc-utils)

Hello everybody :)

I'm currently trying to convert a Docbook XML file to PO. I know I'm going to be translating more of these as time goes on, so I want to set up a quick procedure, at least until Pootle and/or other projects integrate po4a or similar.

I am running Mac OSX 10.4.3, all updates current. I am not running Gnome.

I hoped I could use xml2po from gnome-doc-utils. I downloaded the whole gnome-doc-utils directory.

Then I tried converting the file:
____
Pearl:~/Vietnamese/Main Projects/Gnome/gnome-doc-utils/xml2po clytie $ ./xml2po.py -o vi.po vi.xml
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./xml2po.py", line 34, in ?
import libxml2
ImportError: No module named libxml2
____

I have libxml2 in my $PATH.

Do I need to install the whole gnome-doc-utils? Or is there something else I need to do differently?

Thanks for any help you can offer. :)

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)