Re: xml2po (gnome-doc-utils)

Hi Clytie,

Yesterday at 13:25, Clytie Siddall wrote:

> Then I tried converting the file:
> ____
> Pearl:~/Vietnamese/Main Projects/Gnome/gnome-doc-utils/xml2po clytie $
> ./xml2po.py -o vi.po vi.xml
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "./xml2po.py", line 34, in ?
>      import libxml2
> ImportError: No module named libxml2
> ____
>
> I have libxml2 in my $PATH.

Check your PYTHONPATH (it needs to point to libxml2 Python module, I
don't have a slightest idea where it might be installed on your
system; try searching for libxml2.py and libxml2mod.so, for me, they
are in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/).

> Do I need to install the whole gnome-doc-utils? Or is there something
> else I need to do differently?

It's always better if you install it, since it checks for dependencies
for you.  You can run xml2po without installing just by accident, or
at least every user should think about it that way. :)

HTH,
Danilo