Re: xml2po (gnome-doc-utils)

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 10:55:44PM +1030, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> Hello everybody :)
>
> I'm currently trying to convert a Docbook XML file to PO. I know I'm
> going to be translating more of these as time goes on, so I want to
> set up a quick procedure, at least until Pootle and/or other projects
> integrate po4a or similar.
>
> I am running Mac OSX 10.4.3, all updates current. I am not running
> Gnome.
>
> I hoped I could use xml2po from gnome-doc-utils. I downloaded the
> whole gnome-doc-utils directory.
>
> Then I tried converting the file:
> ____
> Pearl:~/Vietnamese/Main Projects/Gnome/gnome-doc-utils/xml2po clytie
> $ ./xml2po.py -o vi.po vi.xml
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./xml2po.py", line 34, in ?
>     import libxml2
> ImportError: No module named libxml2
> ____
>
> I have libxml2 in my $PATH.
>
> Do I need to install the whole gnome-doc-utils? Or is there something
> else I need to do differently?

That looks like an error that python could not load the python libxml2
module (libxml2.py). I'm pretty sure OS X does not supply this module,
although it does include python2.3 and many other libxml2 and libxslt
tools. What exactly does "have libxml2 in my $PATH" mean? Do you use
the fink package manager?

dan

--
Daniel Macks