Frustrations (was: Re: Translating Scrollkeeper)

On 19/12/2005, at 6:17 PM, Åygimantas BeruÄka wrote:

Pr, 2005 12 19 14:41 +1030, Clytie Siddall raÅÄ:

Ah, the TP. Good. :) IMHO the most efficient translation process.

Er.. is this a sarcasm I see or are you mad? TP is everything but efficient. :)

It is unfortunately culturally inappropriate for me to be mad. ;)

No, I'm perfectly sincere. In my experience, the TP is the most efficient translation project in which I participate (out of at least a dozen).

The only reason I haven't translated any GNOME related stuff in TP, is that Lithuanian team is dead there, with old email addresses, and I'm unable to get any response from the TP dudes for months. It drives me crazy.

I'm surprised. I usually hear back fairly quickly, often the same day, and queries on the TP mailing list are always promptly answered with a great deal of expertise. Are we talking about different projects with the same initials? I haven't seen any queries from you on the mailing list. :)

The liveliness or otherwise of teams, I think, is really a team matter. I wish mine were livelier, but it's no more so here, or in any other project.

I guess it's a great opportunity to thank our GNOME l10n coordinators
doing such a great work and making our work possible! We â you dudes. :)

All hard-working translation co-ordinators! It's a LOT of work, and we wouldn't be able to do what we do without you. :) Thankyou!!

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)