Status page and CVS versions

Hi everybody :)

I've been trying to catch up with some updates, and I'm puzzled by a conflict between the versions on the status page and in CVS.

In this case, I downloaded the glib HEAD file from the status page.

The creation date was 20th December 2005, today, in fact.

I updated the file, updated the ChangeLog and committed both.

The file was rejected on the grounds that it was not up-to-date.

When I updated the file, the date 2005-12-20 was replaced with 2005-11-15. How can this file be more up-to-date than the 2005-12-20 one?

There seem to be very few differences in the two files, apart from the date, and the dots in the string descriptions.

I don't understand how a newer file, the current file from the status page, can be out-of-date. I don't understand how an older file can be more current.

Thankyou for any advice you can offer about this.

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)