Re: Removing unwanted internationalization info

ÐÑÑÐ Ñ 22:27, Christian Rose ÐÐÐÐÑÐ:

> ons 2004-06-16 klockan 23.37 skrev Danilo Åegan:

>> > Is there a bug report in Bugzilla?
>>
>> Not that I know about â feel free to make one, though I doubt anyone
>> will consider this high priority, at least not until most of the
>> Gnome modules switch to "new" gettext layout with easily accessible
>> po/LINGUAS file (instead of parsing configure.* for ALL_LINGUAS
>> line).
>
> Even though it may not be high priority: if it's not reported in
> Bugzilla, it's not a bug.

Technically, it's not a bug.  It's feature of the design.  Some may
think it's good feature, but I don't -- I consider it a bad feature.
Thus, I'm not going to report it in Bugzilla as a bug (maybe as a
RFE), since I don't consider it a bug per se.

It's also about incompatible change in behaviour of essential
developers' tool â I don't know what consequences might that have on
any intltool-using application. (I.e. this change would have some bad
side-effects as well, so it's not a clear cut that it will help
everyone.)

When I'm having such doubts, I don't generally report them in
Bugzilla, unless I have written a patch, and strongly feel about one
way over the other (strongly enough to write a patch).  I don't, so
I'm not reporting it.

> I assumed that, since you knew about the problem, you had already made
> sure it was reported in Bugzilla, or was planning to do so. Hence my
> rhetorical question, since when I checked I couldn't find a bug report
> about this problem.

No, and I still don't plan on reporting it â I don't feel it's a bug,
even though I dislike it as a feature (which I can imagine being very
useful in other situations).

I may be wrong in having this position, but since there're many
things I feel could be done the way I prefer, I just don't like
reporting bugs which I myself am not particularly interested in.
Otherwise, it seems that most programs would end up with piles of
unconstructive bug reports which ask for non-essential things.
Perhaps this intltool issue is not such a case, but I don't know, so
I'm not reporting it as such.

I hope I cleared my position :)

Cheers,
Danilo