Re: A new component/module for the nice translators worldwide to pick up

Let me elaborate a bit on Raphael's suggestion below:

Today at 13:55, Raphael Higino wrote:

> I picked up gnome-schedule for translating and I found two
> string kindda difficult to translate. They are:
>
> #: src/addWindow.py:243
> msgid "This is an invalid record! The problem could be at
> the "
> msgstr ""
>
> #: src/addWindow.py:243
> msgid " field. Reason: "
> msgstr ""

Please see
  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/tutorials/gnome-i18n/developer.html#split-sentences
for a detailed description of the problem.

Basically, in Python instead of:

-			self.wrongdialog = gtk.MessageDialog(self.widget, gtk.DIALOG_MODAL|gtk.DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT, gtk.MESSAGE_ERROR, gtk.BUTTONS_OK, _("This is an invalid record! The problem could be at the ") + y + _(" field. Reason: ")+ z)

you'd do something like:

+			self.wrongdialog = gtk.MessageDialog(self.widget, gtk.DIALOG_MODAL|gtk.DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT, gtk.MESSAGE_ERROR, gtk.BUTTONS_OK, _("This is an invalid record! The problem could be at the %s field. Reason: %s") % (y, z))

Cheers,
Danilo