Re: Removing unwanted internationalization info

tis 2004-06-15 klockan 10.09 skrev Mark Phalan:
> I'm trying to squeeze gnome into as small a space as possible and was
> wondering if there is an easy way to remove all the unwanted locale info
> (I just need us english for the moment) which is included in the
> /etc/gconf/ files. I suppose I could write something to strip out all
> the info I don't need based on locale name but it would make my life
> easier if there was some existing tool.
> Maybe this can be done at compile/install time?

Yes, to disable translations you can modify the ALL_LINGUAS line of
configure.in to only include the translations you want, before
compiling. That's the easiest way to disable translations.

It works for disabling the *.mo/*.gmo files from being generated by
gettext, and should work for disabling the translation merging of
intltool-ized files (such as gconf schemas) as well, methinks. But I'm
no expert in intltool.