Re: A new component/module for the nice translators worldwide to pick up

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 08:55 -0300, Raphael Higino wrote:

> #: src/addWindow.py:243
> #, py-format
> msgid "This is an invalid record! The problem could be at
> the %s field. Reason: "
> msgstr ""
>
> ...the (Brazilian) Portuguese translation for your program
> will be made wrong. The users will curse me, and this will
> be bad. :(

I understand the problem and have noted the same thing a few days ago in
a discussion with Gaute Hope (the other author).

I was planning to fix this but I don't know yet how in python. This is
my first tryout in python :)

I guess a printf() or g_print()-like function exists in python.

Else I will fix this by using a replace-function. To search and replace
"%s" with a string each time.

So I can fix this, thats for sure.

Note that documentation writers are free to fix such issues in the
sourcecode if they want to try some python :-). You don't have to send
me patches fixing such issues if you have a cvs account on GNOME.

Thanks for pointing at the issue

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org