Re: Strings with context

Today at 15:00, Christian Persch wrote:

>> But it's still impossible (or very hard in a sense that it doesn't fit
>> current intltool design) to have intltool add translators' comments
>> on these messages.  We'd actually want to have some tag similar to
>> ", with-context" on such messages, and we'd want to have xgettext get
>> them out for us.
>
> Should I file a bug for that?

Well, xgettext already supports setting an explicit flag for any
keyword, but the problem is that the flag has to be in relation with
the language in use (i.e. we cannot use flag such as "with-context",
but must use one of "c-format", "python-format", "java-format"...).

If you file a bug on GNU gettext, please also CC me so we can work on
convincing Bruno together :)

Also note that you may set per-project XGETTEXT_KEYWORDS inside
po/Makevars or po/Makefile.in.in files, so you need not depend on
intltool getting the proper support once xgettext is ready.

> Okay :-/
> I've added the following comment to all occurrences of contextualised
> strings:

Thanks a lot for your hard work: all translators appreciate that!

Cheers,
Danilo