Re: Strings with context

Yesterday at 19:14, Christian Persch wrote:

> No, glib's Q_() [which expands to g_strip_context] only strips the
> context if the string is untranslated; it doesn't strip anything from a
> translated string.

Ok, I had to check this by myself, to see that you are right ;-)

But it's still impossible (or very hard in a sense that it doesn't fit
current intltool design) to have intltool add translators' comments
on these messages.  We'd actually want to have some tag similar to
", with-context" on such messages, and we'd want to have xgettext get
them out for us.

But this is not a quick solution, and the best you can do now is to
add regular comments where appropriate.

Cheers,
Danilo