Re: Strings with context

Hi,

Le vendredi 31 dÃcembre 2004 Ã 13:58 +0100, Danilo Åegan a Ãcrit :
> Yesterday at 19:14, Christian Persch wrote:
>
> > No, glib's Q_() [which expands to g_strip_context] only strips the
> > context if the string is untranslated; it doesn't strip anything from a
> > translated string.
>
> Ok, I had to check this by myself, to see that you are right ;-)
>
> But it's still impossible (or very hard in a sense that it doesn't fit
> current intltool design) to have intltool add translators' comments
> on these messages.  We'd actually want to have some tag similar to
> ", with-context" on such messages, and we'd want to have xgettext get
> them out for us.

Should I file a bug for that?

> But this is not a quick solution, and the best you can do now is to
> add regular comments where appropriate.

Okay :-/
I've added the following comment to all occurrences of contextualised
strings:

/* Translators: The text before the "|" is context to help you decide on
 * the correct translation. You MUST OMIT it in the translated string.
 */

Regards,