Re: gtranslator - do not use !

Kaixo!

> No. If I type "Open<enter>file" I'd want to see the latter. If I wanted
> a space in there, I'd type "Open <enter>file". The bottom line is that

But the most common case is to add a space; it is much better (and that
is the kbabel behaviour btw) to have " \n" inserted when you
press enter; and you can remove the extra space if you actually
want it removed.

The problem is that when you hit enter you don't insert an end of
line into the translation (for that you need to type a backslash and
and "n"), you just broke the line on editor display, and it is
misleading to see a separation on the screen that doesn't
exist on file.
A lot of people won't think to manually add the missing spaces,
and the result would be a lot of wrong po files.

> if I were ever in a situation where I was entering in something very
> long and wanted to continue my translaion on the next line without
> inserting a space, I'd be unhappy if my software flat-out prevented me
> from doing so.

You could manually delete the space, it would be much better than
forcing everybody to manually add it.

(and yet again, that behaviour should be configurable, so for
Chinese and Japanese, and for people like you that like to break lines
in middle of single words, the space addition could be inhibited;
but the *default* behaviour must be to add a space)

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Catalan or Esperanto]
[min povas skribi en valona, esperanta, angla aux latinidaj lingvoj]

PGP signature