Re: gtranslator - do not use !

Kaixo!

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 07:37:03PM -0500, Adam Weinberger wrote:

> The thing about your second issue is that that is not necessarily bad
> behaviour. I'd personally rather not have software inserting _anything_
> into translations that I don't tell it to. Anything that is really long
> and shouldn't have spaces (URLs, formulas, etc.) shouldn't necessarily
> be broken up. IMO, adding spaces where they weren't explicitly requested
> is more bad behaviour than the current behaviour.

But they *were* requested!
Pressing the enter key (that is, requesting for a line break) on most
languages requires the insertion of a virtual blank;
only a few languages not using spaces at all won't need that.
But if you type in English "Open<enter>file" you want to produce
something like:

msgstr ""
"Open "
"file"

and *NOT* something like

msgstr ""
"Open"
"file"

> The first item definitely needs attention, however.

The second too, the second even more than the first.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Catalan or Esperanto]
[min povas skribi en valona, esperanta, angla aux latinidaj lingvoj]

PGP signature