Re: gtranslator - do not use !

Am Fr, den 02.04.2004 schrieb Mugurel Tudor um 23:16:
> 1. It shows every spave as a point. No problem here, kbabel does the
> same. BUT if you copy and paste something, ity will copy and paste with
> points in stead of spaces. What was on their mind ?
>
> 2. If I hit an enter at the end of line to continue to translated string
> at a new line, it does not consider necessary to add a space, so the
> final string in application will have a missing space. That's terrible.

Have these been filed as bug reports? That might be even more useful in
the end than letting us know.

The thing about your second issue is that that is not necessarily bad
behaviour. I'd personally rather not have software inserting _anything_
into translations that I don't tell it to. Anything that is really long
and shouldn't have spaces (URLs, formulas, etc.) shouldn't necessarily
be broken up. IMO, adding spaces where they weren't explicitly requested
is more bad behaviour than the current behaviour.

The first item definitely needs attention, however.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw@magnesium.net || adamw@FreeBSD.org