Re: Translation of gnome user guide / FAQ files

>> > My problem is that its going to be very troublesome to translate
>> these  XML files in a regular text editor. So is there any simpler
>> method for  this job ?

> I find editting XML files with a text editor pretty straightforward. But
> if text editors aren't for you, Conglomerate is an XML editor for GNOME.
>
> http://www.gnome.org/softwaremap/projects/conge/
>
> I hear it's usable, but still a little buggy. If you save your work
> regularly enough, it shouldn't be a problem. I've used it a few times
> out of interest, a few months back and it was looking very promising.

It might do the trick for the first time translation, but what about when
the original document is changed? A new chapter added, a comma changed
into a period, two sentences swapped? A good l10n toolkit needs to make it
easy to track minor changes in the original text, spot when the
translations need updates, and, and this is very important, which bits
need updating.

--
Åsmund Skjæveland
aasmunds@fys.uio.no