Translation of gnome user guide / FAQ files

Hi all

As per step 2 of http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/tasks.html - to
translate gnome to a language - i need to translate general user
documents - which includes The GNOME User's Guide and the GNOME User
FAQ. But I could not find any documented method which I can follow to
translate these to another language.

I have seen that these documents are primarily displayed in yelp and are
found in /usr/share/gnome/help on my RH9 system. These are all in XML
and inter - hyperlinked.

My problem is that its going to be very troublesome to translate these
XML files in a regular text editor. So is there any simpler method for
this job ?

Also - how will these translations be organised on the disk ? The
english documents are in /usr/share/gnome/help/user-guide/C. So is the C
directory the locale and Japanese (for example) will be stored in
/usr/share/gnome/help/user-guide/ja ?

TIA

Jatin