Re: Translation of gnome user guide / FAQ files

2003-10-30, cs keltezéssel 12:45-kor Jatin Nansi ezt írta:

> My problem is that its going to be very troublesome to translate these
> XML files in a regular text editor. So is there any simpler method for
> this job ?

I do not know it the following info is any of help. However, I
translated the GNOME2 User Guide with SDLX which is a proprietary
translation memory software (www.sdlx.com). There are well established
methods for translating XML documents and leveraging translations from
an old project to an updated one. Unfortunately you have to pay money
and use MS Windows operating system, if you want to use them.

If someone with strong programming skills could borrow ideas from SDLX
and implement a tool like that as a free software, a new glory era would
begin for all of the free software translators.

Regards,
Andras