Re: Persian translations (was Fwd: Re: [farsi] Farsi encodingstandard)

On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 23:03, Elros Cyriatan wrote:
> The problem as I understand is an Iranian law that prescribes a certain vocabulary
> for computer applications. Then there's a second problem that the project's glossary
> doesn't conform with this vocabulary, and as a result, that the current translation
> doesn't conform with it as well. Am I right?

You're 100% right. So I thought that stopping the current translation
effort until we can fix those already there makes sense. It doesn't?

> Now I understand you react differently to those problems. Roozbeh, you seem to want
> to first get the glossary right. Does this mean you want to keep the translation
> effort itself on hold?

Yes. It seems/seemed reasonable to me, given that the word list should
be out very soon.

> If I'm correct up to here, I think the most important question is whether you would
> agree on the glossary, if it would be ready.

I have no choice but to use the Academy's glossary if we want GNOME to
be used in the real business in Iran (the main user base, the number of
computers in Afghanistan being so low).

roozbeh