Re: Persian translations

On Sun, 2003-11-30 at 00:15, Danilo Segan wrote:
> Certainly, every approach has some merit over the other, but I hate
> to see translators being discouraged.  And any delay is bad for
> translation work. The thing with Free Software is that people usually
> lose time later on (I've never met anyone in the Free Software world
> who really had more spare time "later on" :), and even if they really
> do want to do all what's best, they never produce.

Advice taken. Abbas, please send your further translations to
"farsi@lists.sharif.edu" for review and commit. Please follow the
current glossary and orthography until we have the Academy's word list.

> So, in the same manner, instead of waiting for someone to produce
> that glossary, you might help with that too.

I am helping the Persian Academy in that.

> Most government organizations have too much administrativia that stops them
> from actually doing the work, so they delegate it to a commitee, which
> delegates it to a subcommitee, which forms task forces, which organize
> workgroups, which elect you to do the work :)

Well, that has already been done (except the last part, where I get
chosen ;)). The body chosen has already delivered a partial list, and
they'll give me that list Real Soon Now.

> keep people involved and busy, so no time to complain ;)

That's wonderful advice. :))

roozbeh