Re: Bug #115289

On 2003-08-26(Tue) 22:21:42 +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
> > This change, IMO, is more a UI bug fix that needs both developers and
> > translators to fix, rather than just randomly adding/changing stuff.
>
> If it's also a UI change then it breaks the UI freeze as well, and needs
> the approval of the release team as well. We also have a code freeze
> now, so it also breaks that freeze as well. It breaks every damn freeze
> we have.

Are you confusing "UI change" with "UI bug fix" (where things are not
properly localized) here?

And why are you saying the change would be done right now? How many time
should I repeat?

> AFAIK the release team has *NOT* given their approval for this, so I
> don't even understand why we're debating this.

I understand. This thing needs both developers and translators to
cooperate, how can release team make decision if there's no unified
opinion/feedback from translators?

> Kjartan of course might disagree with my opinion, in that case so be it,
> but I remain utterly convinced that adding hundreds of messages to GNOME
> 2.4 at this point in time, or even after 2.4.0 is released, is a bad
> idea, for the same reasons as why we delayed the intltoolizing of most
> schemas files from the GNOME 2.2 string freeze period until GNOME 2.3.

The thing that break most, when adding schemas strings, is breaking the
pretty 100% stats for various teams, making translators unpleased,
though they are generally not user-visible.

Abel

--
Abel Cheung
Linux counter #256983   | http://counter.li.org