Re: non-utf8 po files breaking the build

Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas@online.no> writes:
> Of course you have the option to use tools that support UTF-8 too and
> not have to do this. I use emacs for all my translation work and the
> only cases it fails for is *really* small files containing less than 20
> strings or so. If that is the case I just translate using some other
> editor and run intltool-unicodify on the file before commiting.

Ah, you see that bug too. I never diagnosticed it. But since I can't
live without Emacs, I've found out how to work around the problem.
Close the file again, and then press

  C-x RET c utf-8 RET C-x C-f mylanguage.po RET

It's a bit long, but once you're past the 'C-x RET c' part, it is quite
intuitive (I usually end up pressing 'C-x RET C-h' since I can't
remember the c :-).

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/