Re: non-utf8 po files breaking the build

On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 16:18, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> Yanko Kaneti <yaneti@declera.com> writes:
>
> > Currently my preference is for one-encoding-only working tools over
> > constantly breaking multiple-encodings-aware tools.
>
> Sure, but it won't hurd to check for proper input first -- maybe one
> can setup CVS to do the conversion at checkin time...

Sure. My proposal was meant to get agreement on:

cd po
cvs up
for F in *.po ; do msgconv -t UTF-8 $F -o $F.utf && mv $F.utf $F; done
cvs ci -m "UTF-8 for all files

for every gnome 2.2 module in cvs  and consider non UTF-8 tranfslations
there a bug.

Regards
Yanko