Re: gedit schemas file warning.

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Christian Rose wrote:

> > > I think this is a bad idea. We are only four days away from deep freeze
> > > (when not even translation updates will be allowed as I understand it) and
> > > adding schemas.in translation to all modules will result in a huge load of
> > > new strings to translate across most GNOME modules.
> >
> > But those strings are already without translations so it does nothing
> > but let some translator translate them (if they have time...).
>                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> This is the problem. Four days is *very* little time, and for the
> languages and modules where Sun has been doing their translation review
> (which we haven't recieved yet afaik) we'll still both need to
> review and complete those in four days, with all the string changes that
> were made to the modules in the mean time where we weren't supposed to
> update the translations of those modules.

I agree with Carlos here, the message are there and they are not
translated (not marked for translation). You cannot get 100% translated
GNOME, you will get only 100% statistics on status page.

However, I understand that to do a review, this would be huge problem for
you. So, we should not add them for this release.

IMHO, this is a result of the broken message freeze. Otherwise the review
has been already done.

Stanislav