Re: gedit schemas file warning.

fre, 2002-05-31 kl. 08:31 skrev Stanislav Visnovsky:
> On Thu, 30 May 2002, Christian Rose wrote:

[SNIP]
> >                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > This is the problem. Four days is *very* little time, and for the
> > languages and modules where Sun has been doing their translation review
> > (which we haven't recieved yet afaik) we'll still both need to
> > review and complete those in four days, with all the string changes that
> > were made to the modules in the mean time where we weren't supposed to
> > update the translations of those modules.
>
> I agree with Carlos here, the message are there and they are not
> translated (not marked for translation). You cannot get 100% translated
> GNOME, you will get only 100% statistics on status page.
>
> However, I understand that to do a review, this would be huge problem for
> you. So, we should not add them for this release.
>
> IMHO, this is a result of the broken message freeze. Otherwise the review
> has been already done.

This is really the result of getting support for translation of .schemas
files at a very late stage in the release process. We can't blame the
developers for not adding the needed functionality because they clearly
have had enough work just making the features work *at all*.

I think we need to take more responsibility ourselves to get stuff fixed
at an earlier stage, but all in all it's very difficult to know in
advance how things work out.

Hopefully we'll learn something from this release that will make the
process smoother in the future...

Cheers
Kjartan