Re: Gnome 2.0 Localization for Solaris

On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 07:59, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 03:31:24PM +0000, Damien Donlon wrote:
> > Kenneth Rohde Christiansen wrote:

> > > Nice!

> > > I would vote for Danish as we are pretty well supported already with
> > > exception
> > > of documentation.
> >
> > Sorry but I don't think Danish is being considered at this point. As far
> > as I know the languages are Hindi, Arabic, Hebrew. Ultimately, the
> > decision on which languages will be translated is out of my hands but
> > I will let the alias know when I have definite news on this.
>
> Sorry, then. If Danish is not supported I would not like to
> cooperate with Sun on administrative things for Gnome, and
> I urge other Gnome people to also refrain from cooperating with Sun.
> Please understand that this is a cooperative effort based on
> voluntary work, and I find people that are specifically excluding
> Danish support to be not worth any help.

That's pretty darn rude, Keld.  Sun is talking about languages that they
will officially support when running GNOME 2.0 on Solaris.  This doesn't
mean that they won't include Danish translations, and it certainly
doesn't mean that they're going to stop you from translating things.  It
just means that when you open up the manual that you get with your GNOME
2.0 for the Solaris Operating Environment manual, it won't list Danish
as an "officially supported language".
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.